Xero Health Checks
Looking To Use Xero As Efficiently And Effectively As Possible?
Are you using Xero but not sure if you are doing everything correctly or using it as efficiently as possible? Are you carrying out the bookkeeping but not fully confident in all elements of the bookkeeping process? Do you want to avoid significant errors and are seeking peace of mind of knowing that someone else is checking and reviewing and advising you? Do you want to be pro-active and make sure you know about all the features which you could use to streamline your processes and save time? Do you want to make sure that your Xero accounts go to your Accountant following the year-end in as best shape as possible to avoid queries and additional cost getting your accounts tidied up? Our Health Check is what you need.
What Is A Xero Health Check?
A Xero Health Check is a bit like the MOT for your vehicle, or your annual boiler service, and is a way of checking that your Xero bookkeeping is being done effectively and as efficiently as possible so that your Xero accounts remain in good shape.
The benefits of having a Xero Health Check include:
- Businesses know that the core bookkeeping practices are in place and they can therefore rely on getting reliable information out of their Xero to make informed business decisions
- Ensuring the year-end process with the Accountant will progress smoothly
- Knowing the system is being used as time efficiently as possible
Once the Xero Health Check is complete you will receive a straightforward, user-friendly report highlighting what has been checked and identifying any areas for improvement. We also offer a 30-minute phone call to go through the report with you in person. It is then for you to decide if you wish to accept those recommendations. If you do, then you can either:
- Talk to your Accountant or bookkeeper and ask them to help you
- Engage us to train/support you to do this yourself
- Engage us to resolve issues or implement any changes for you
What Do Our Xero Health Checks Include?
There are two parts to the health check, the bookkeeping checks and a utilisation review.
The Bookkeeping Checks
We carry out a number of checks to ensure that good bookkeeping practices are in place. This would typically see us looking at things like:
- Do the previous year Xero balances agree to year-end accounts?
- Are all bank and control accounts fully reconciled?
- How up to date are aged receivables and payables and are they being managed?
- How payroll elements have been allocated and whether the PAYE and net pay accounts are correct
- Are there any clear omissions or issues from reviewing the P&L and the Balance Sheet?
- Are transactions being coded correctly and consistently?
- Has the VAT been reconciled?
Please note that our checks do not replace the role and responsibilities that your Accountant has as part of their year-end processes for you. Our Xero Health Check is designed to pick up issues that you need to be aware of as part of your bookkeeping processes and that you will want to rectify before handing over to your Accountant to complete your year-end for you.
Xero Software Utilisation Review
We review how fully you are using Xero and highlight what you could be utilising in your business going forward to provide you with better financial information or to be more time efficient. In this stage we check things like:
- Xero settings and set-up
- Do all users have 2-step authentication in place?
- What level of automation is in place for bank reconciliation?
- What level of automation is in place for sales invoicing and credit control?
- What level of automation is in place for purchases?
- Utilisation of purchase orders and quoting functions
- Utilisation of the inventory function
- Utilisation of the fixed asset register
- Utilisation of CIS functionality (if in the building industry)
- How the inventory is being used
- How efficiently expense claims are being processed
- What Xero apps could assist your business
What Does It Cost?
Our Xero Health Checks costs just £149 plus VAT. We will ask you to provide access to your Xero accounts and they will then complete your Xero Health Check and provide a report of the findings.
If you need some help with your bookkeeping or administration to give you more time and peace of mind, please contact us today:
Saturday morning training slots are available!
If you would like to arrange a time for a call or meeting at your convenience, please click the button below to find a time which suits you.